CALL FOR ENTRIES: #GIRLTOWN – The OGC at London Photomonth
We’ll be co-hosting a variety of awesome events including talks, meet-ups and an exhibition as part of the East London Photography Festival.
To be part of this exciting exhibition please see our call for entries below…
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Girl Town: Celebrating the Culture of the Female in the 21st Century– a selected exhibition of photography surrounding and celebrating the culture of the female in the 21st Century.
‘Girl Town’ will be a collection of work from photographers (of all genders) around the world illustrating/executing their interpretation of what it means to be Female in a time of constant sociopolitical and economical change.
Curated by The OGC and Shutter Hub through the open entry Instagram call out #GirlTownPM, a shortlist of the most relevant and significant entries will be exhibited in the East London gallery space of St Margaret’s House. In addition, a people’s choice winner, selected over the course of the exhibition, will be awarded with a photographic prize from our print partners Metro Imaging.
Entries are now open! You’ve got until the end of play on Friday 16th September 2016 to enter your images via Instagram. You can enter up to 5 images, and it’s totally free.
Full terms and conditions are below, please read them.
Let’s make this a good one! Please save and share the posters and invite everyone to be involved!
This exhibition is part of our Photomonth residency which includes a talk, panel discussion, meet up and film showings. Stay tuned for more info!
Terms & Conditions:
1. The competition is open internationally.
2. All entrants must upload a picture related to the theme of ‘Girl Town’. This image must be taken by the entrant and may not be a third party’s image.
3. In order to post a legitimate entry, the user must follow and tag @Shutter_Hub and @TheOldGirlsClub along with hashtag #GirlTownPM
4. The post must be uploaded within the timeframe stated above. Please note that edited captions of old Instagrams will not qualify for entry.
5. A single entrant may enter the competition a max of 5 times. Any entries submitted over 5 times will not be counted as valid.
6. Entrants must be aged 16 or over and proof of ID may be necessary.
7. Copyright remains with the author of the image. By adding the tag #GirlTownPM entrants are allowing the organisers to use the image in relation to this exhibition and promotion there of.
8. The winner will be selected once the competition has ended. All qualified entries will be reviewed by our judging panel and the winner will be selected on it’s relevance and significance to the theme.
9. The organisers reserve the right to exclude images from the exhibition.
10. The shortlisted exhibitors will be notified via social media by latest 23:59 21st September.
11. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry by each entrant. Entry is via Instagram only.